Determining the Factors Influencing Use of Mobile Marketing by Industrial Firms : An Empirical Investigation of Jordanian Industrial Firms
Mobile Marketing, Technology Acceptance Model, Theory of Reasoned Action, Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology
Paper Submission Date : April 16, 2016 ; Paper sent back for Revision : June 20, 2016 ; Paper Acceptance Date : July 09, 2016.
- ITU, "Committed to connecting the world," 2014. Available : http://www.itu.int/net/pressoffice/press_releases/2014/23.aspx#. VVcem_mqqko
- CISCO (2015). Available: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/serviceprovider/vni-service-adoption-forecast/Cisco_VNI_SA_Forecast_WP.html
- R. Rannu, S. Saksing, and T. Mahlakõiv, "Mobile government: 2010 and beyond," 2010, White paper, Mobi Solutions Ltd.
- H. El-Gohary, "E-Marketing: towards a conceptualization of a new marketing philosophy," in EBusiness issues, Challenges and opportunities for SMEs: Driving competitiveness, M. Cruz-Cunha, & J. Eduardo Varajão, Eds., 2010. USA: IGI Global.
- G. S. Lynn, S. Lipp, A. E. Akgün, and A. Cortez. Factors impacting the adoption and effectiveness of the world wide web in marketing. Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 35-49, 2002. doi: 10.1016/S0019-8501(00)00104-8
- M. Haagen, C. Zahler, E. Zimmermann, and M. M. R.Al-Najami, "Solar process steam for pharmaceutical industry in Jordan," EnergyProcedia, vol. 70, pp. 621- 625, 2015. doi:10.1016/j.egypro.2015.02.169
- I. I. Clarke, "Emerging value propositions for m-commerce," Journal of Business Strategies, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 133-149, 2001.
- C. Watson, J. McCarthy, and J. Rowley, "Consumer attitudes towards mobile marketing in the smart phone era," International Journal of Information Management, vol. 33, no. 5, 840-849, 2013. doi: 10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2013.06.004
- R. Ström, M. Vendel, and J. Bredican, "Mobile marketing: A literature review on its value for consumers and retailers," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1001-1012, 2014. doi: 10.1016/j.jretconser.2013.12.003
- L. Burnett and Arc Worldwide, "A mobile shopper research study," 2011. Available: http://www.slideshare.net/LeoBurnettWorldwide/marketing-to-the-mobile-shopper. Accessed in : Oct, 2012.
- S. Liao, Y.P. Shao, H. Wang, and A. Chen, "The adoption of virtual banking: an empirical study," International Journal of Information Management, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 63-74, 1999. doi: 10.1016/S0268-4012(98)00047-4
- V. Shankar, A. Venkatesh, C. Hofacker, and P. Naik, "Mobile marketing in the retailing environment: Current insights and future research avenues," Journal of Interactive Marketing, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 111–120, 2010. doi: 10.1016/j.intmar.2010.02.006
- J.G. Lynch and D. Ariely, "Wine online: search costs affect competition on price, quality, and distribution," Marketing Science, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 83–103, 2000.
- Q.H. Mahmoud and L.Yu, "Havana agents for comparison shopping and locationaware advertising in wireless mobile environments,". Electronic Commerce Research and Applications,vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 220–228, 2006, doi: 10.1016/j.elerap.2005.09.005
- E. Brynjolfsson, Y.J. Hu, and M.D. Smith, "Consumer surplus in the digital economy: estimating the value of increased product variety at online booksellers," Management Science, vol. 49, no. 11, pp. 1580–1596, 2003.
- E. Brynjolfsson and M.D. Smith, "Frictionless Commerce? A comparison of Internet and conventional retailers," Management Science, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 563–585, 2000.
- D.C. Edelman, "Branding in the digital age: you are spending your money in all the wrong places," Harvard Business Review, vol. 88, no. 12, 62–69, 2010.
- D. Court, D. Elzinga, S. Mulder, and O. J. Vetvik, "The Consumer Decision Journey," McKinsey Quarterly, 2009. Available: http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/marketing_sales/the_consumer_decision_journey.
- T. Daugherty, H. Li, and F. Biocca, "Consumer learning and the effects of virtual experience relative to indirect and direct product experience," Psychology and Marketing, vol. 25, no. 7, pp. 568–586, 2008.
- M. Porter, "The Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance," N.Y : Free Press, 1985.
- D. Frost, S. Goode, and D. Hart, "Individualist and collectivist factors affecting online repurchase intentions," Internet Research, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 6-28, 2010.
- R. Ballocco, R. Mogre, and G. Toletti, "Mobile internet and SMEs: a focus on the adoption, " Industrial Management & Data Systems, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 245-61, 2009. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02635570910930127
- N. Mallat and V.K. Tuunainen, "Exploring merchant adoption of mobile payments systems: an empirical study," e-Services Journal, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 24-57, 2008.
- J. Salo, J. Sinisalo, and H. Karjaluoto, "Intentionally developed business network for mobile marketing: a case study from Finland," Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 497-506, 2008. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/08858620810901257
- U. C. Eze, G. G. G. Goh, J. Ademu, and A. S. Tella, "Modelling user trust and mobile payment adoption: A conceptual framework. Communications of the IBIMA," vol. 3, 2008.
- K. Phan and T. Daim, "Exploring technology acceptance for mobile services," Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 339–360, 2011.
- W.Cheung, M. K. Chang, and V. S. Lai, "Prediction of internet and world wide web usage at work: A test of an extended Triandis model," Decision Support Systems, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 83–100, 2000. doi: 10.1016/S0167-9236(00)00125-1
- E. Jones, S. Sundaram, and W.Chin, "Factors leading to sales force automation use: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 145–156, 2002. doi: 10.1080/08853134.2002.10754303
- J. Lu, C. Yu, and C. Liu, "Facilitating conditions, wireless trust and adoption intention," Journal of Computer Information Systems, vol. 46, no. 1, p. 17, 2004.
- S. Hung, C. Ku, and C, Chang, "Critical factors of WAP services adoption: An empirical study," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 42–60, 2003. doi: 10.1016/S1567-4223(03)00008-5
- V. Venkatesh, M. G. Morris, G. B. Davis, and F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view," MIS Quarterly, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 425–478, 2003.
- Davis, F. D., "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology," MIS Quarterly, vol 13, issue 3, pp. 319–340, 1989. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/249008.
- P. Luarn and H. H. Lin, "Toward an understanding of the behavioral intention to use mobile banking," Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 873–891, 2005.
- H. Nysveen, P. E. Pedersen, and H. Thorbjornsen, "Explaining intention to use mobile chat services: Moderating effects of gender," Journal of Consumer Marketing, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 247–256, 2005. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/07363760510611671
- T. Pikkarainen, K. Pikkarainen, H. Karjaluoto, and S. Pahnila, "Consumer acceptance of online banking: An extension of the technology acceptance model" Internet Research, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 224–235, 2004. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/10662240410542652
- H. El-Gohary, "Factors affecting E-Marketing adoption and implementation in tourism firms: An empirical investigation of Egyptian small tourism organisations," Tourism Management, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 1256-1269, 2012.
- H. A. Abbas and H. I. Hamdy, "Determinants of continuance intention factor in Kuwait communication market: Case study of Zain-Kuwait," Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 49, pp. 648-657, 2015.
- H.Amin (2007), "An analysis of mobile credit card usage intentions," Information Management and Computer Security, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 260–269.
- W. H. DeLone and E. R. McLean, "Information systems success: The quest for the dependent variable," Information Systems Research, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 60–95, 1992.doi: 10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- P. B. Seddon, "A re-specification and extension of the De Lone and Mclean model of IS success," Information Systems Research, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 240–253, 1997. doi: 10.1287/isre.8.3.240
- J. C. Lin and H. Lu, "Towards an understanding of the behavioral intention to use a web site," International Journal of Information Management, vol. 20, pp. 197–208, 2000. doi: 10.1016/S0268-4012(00)00005-0
- H.F. Lin and S.M. Lin, "Determinants of e-business diffusion: a test of the technology diffusion perspective," Technovation, vol. 28, pp. 135-145, 2008.
- D. R. Compeau and C. A., "Higgins Computer self-efficacy: Development of a measure and initial test," MIS Quarterly, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 189–211, 1995.
- H. Amin, R. Baba, and M. Z. Muhammad, "An analysis of mobile banking acceptance by Malaysian customers," Sunway Academic Journal, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2007.
- M. Y. Yi and Y. Hwang, "Predicting the use of web-based information systems: Self-efficacy, enjoyment, learning goal orientation, and the technology acceptance model", International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, vol. 59, no. 4, 431–449, 2003.
- L. Li, "A critical review of technology acceptance literature," Management Information Systems, 2007. Available: http://www.swdsi.org/swdsi2010/SW2010_ Preceedings/papers/PA104.pdf. Accessed in : June, 2009.
- I. Ajzen, "The theory of planned behavior. Organizational behavior and human," Decision Processes, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 179–211, 1991.doi:10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- K. Amoako-Gyampah and A. F. Salam, "An extension of the technology acceptance model in an ERP implementation environment," Information and Management, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 731–745, 2004. doi: 10.1016/j.im.2003.08.010
- J. Jiang, M. Hsu, G. Klein, and B. Lin, "E-commerce user behavior model: An empirical study," Human Systems Management, vol. 19, no. 4, 265–276, 2000.
- S. Taylor and P. A. Todd, "Understanding information technology usage: A test of competing models," Information Systems Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 144–176, 1995.doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- R. L. Thompson, C. A. Higgins, and J. M. Howell, "Influence of experience on personal computer utilization: Testing a conceptual model," Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 167–187, 1994. doi: 10.1080/07421222.1994.11518035
- H. Dai, and P. C. Palvi, "Mobile commerce adoption in China and the United States: A cross-cultural study," ACM SIGMIS Database, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 43–61, 2009.
- J. Lu, J. Yao, and C. Yu, "Personal innovativeness, social influences and adoption of wireless internet services via mobile technology," The Journal of Strategic Information Systems,vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 245–268, 2005.
- H. Rosenbaum and B. Kleber, "A socio-technical analysis of M-commerce in Japan: Research in progress," AMCIS 2004 Proceedings, 334, 2004.
- J. W. Creswell, "Research design: Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods approaches," Sage publications, 2013
- B. Hernandez, J. Jimenez, and M. J. Martin, "The impact of self-efficacy, ease of use and usefulness on e-purchasing: An analysis of experienced e-shoppers," Interacting with Computers, vol. 21, no. 1–2, pp. 146–156, 2009.
- H. C. Triandis, "Values, attitudes, and interpersonal behavior," H. Howe & M. Page (Eds.), Nebraska symposium on motivation, vol. 27, pp. 195–259. Lincoln, NB: University of Nebraska Press. 195, 1980.
- J. F. Hair, W. C. Black, B. J. Babin, R. E. Anderson, and R. L. Tatham," Análise multivariada de dados," Bookman, 2009.
- L. J. Cronbach, "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 297-334, 1951.